Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Smolov: Week 2, Days 1 & 2

Today was day 2 of the second week. I can tell I am adapting to the higher volume because my legs are not nearly as sore as they were the first week. I am definitely making gains with this program. I feel stronger with the warm-up sets and haven't had that much trouble, relatively speaking, with any day so far. Sure, some of the sets were not the greatest, but I've made it through every repetition. Today I had 5x7 at 124kg...fun stuff! I can't wait for this program to be over! Not because of the difficulty, but because I want to see what gains I've made in my max. I'm hoping for around a 10kg gain. The plan is to take a week of rest and go into a short cycle of triples, doubles, and singles along with my Olympic lifts. Then, after a few weeks, I will have a max day.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the second week yesterday. Days 3 & 4 weren't as kind to me as the first two were. I was not able to squat comfortably with anything on day 3, ending up 22kg less than scheduled on my last set and falling extremely short on total reps for the day. Sometimes you'll have that. I felt fine going in, but as soon as I warmed-up I felt horrible. My CNS was completely shut down. Yesterday, day 4 of week 2, I did a little better. However, I only went up to 125kg and was supposed to be at 135kg. I see it as a victory, though, because I completed all 30 reps (10x3).

    ReplyDelete