Friday, August 20, 2010

Complete Failure

Today was a day that was supposed to be record-setting. Instead, it turned out to be one of the worst failures I've had in training in a long time. I was supposed to set a new PR in the back squat, following the Smolov program I finished last week. My goal was to hit AT LEAST 160kg. What I ended up getting up to is almost too disturbing to say aloud, let alone share in writing. I barely made it to 140kg, when just a week ago I was at 130kg for sets of 5. The moral of the story...don't be an idiot weakling like me. Also, don't waste a training day. I knew warming-up that I wasn't 100% ready to go for a new max. Therefore, the SMART thing would have been to wait another day before trying for a new personal record.


Then again...at least I'm not this guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment