Sunday, August 8, 2010

Researching Squats





I will soon be entering the second, and final, year as a master's student at BGSU. Therefore, I will have to complete either project or thesis in order to graduate. I have chosen to do the master's project. Mine will be comparing the differences in muscle activity of the lower extremity between the front squat, high-bar back squat, and low-bar back squat. My research questions are as follows:

1) Does bar position significantly change EMG activity during varying depths of squatting?

2) Are the front and back squats equally effective at activating the examined musculature of the lower body, or is one variation better than the other?

I am excited to get going on this project. After all, the sooner I start, the sooner I finish!

What I would like to know from anyone who may stumble across this blog is:

1) Do you have any specific things that you may want answered about squats?
2) Do you have any specific research ideas that you want to come to fruition, but were never able to carry out yourself?

Please, let me know what your thoughts are on this topic. I might be able to perform a second project if I can get the first one done early.

No comments:

Post a Comment