I finished the Smolov base program on Saturday. This last week was, by far, the toughest to get through. More importantly, Friday, day 3, was the worst of the week. I had to get through 7 sets of 5. I was supposed to be working with 137kg, but started at 130kg. I did the first 3 sets with 130kg, failing on the 5th rep of the 3rd set. From there I dropped to 127.5kg and finished the rest of my sets at that weight. I did fail on two other sets as well, but finished all but three reps in the session. Saturday I finished the program with 10x3 @ 130kg. Yes, I know it was the same weight I used the day before, but this was as high as I was able to go while still completing all the reps. Saturday's prescribed weight was 144kg, but there was no way I was using that weight. I'm working at higher reps with weight I'd normally only get for 1 or 2 reps. I'm very glad I did this program and plan on doing it once per year from here on out.
Here is a video of the 2nd day of the last week (5x7). Pat knocked over the camera on the second rep, but I can assure you all 7 reps were done.