Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time Well Spent

I often wonder why I enjoy being in the same gym day-in and day-out, over and over again. Sometimes it may be because I am in a great training cycle and I feel like just being around the weights and the stronger lifters increases my performance. These are times when you can't go wrong with whatever you are doing, whether it be your training regimen, diet, or sleep patterns. Everything seems to be on key. On the other hand, I've been injured a time or two in the past year, yet seem to have the same feeling towards being in the gym. I want to be there, whether I can perform up to my standards or not. Then I realize....I want to be there because I enjoy seeing others succeed. Not only to see them succeed, but to also see them strive for success, which is all the better. This is especially true when you become close with some of the members/trainees within the gym. You may not get to know them outside the gym, but for the couple of hours you spend with them in the gym, you are friends. You want to see each other succeed and push each other to greater heights of performance...beyond anything any of you thought you could ever achieve. THAT is why I spend so much time in the same gym. I want to push others to succeed and I want them to push back!

No comments:

Post a Comment