Saturday, October 30, 2010

Strength and Power = LIFE

I always wonder what it would be like to be a 'normal' person. The kind of person that is not on this relentless pursuit for gaining the most strength and power possible. The kind of person who doesn't even think twice about missing a training session for that movie their friends or significant other wanted to see. The kind of person that parties every weekend and is too hungover the next morning to get their ass in the gym.

These people are not ruled by the inner-struggles of lifters. If you are a serious lifter, you know of the inner-struggles I speak of. I'm talking about the struggles of balancing a well-rounded training and nutrition program with the 'normal' activities of life. This is especially hard for the younger lifters, who seem to always have those few friends trying to enable behaviors inappropriate for making progress. For example, deciding not to attend a party with your friends because you have a heavy session the following morning. Choosing not to eat ice cream with your friends because you might have a meet in a week and you are close to weight.

These inner-struggles are what make being a lifter hard sometimes. But, now that I've thought about it, I'd rather not be a mediocre, 'normal' person. I'd rather spend most of my time in the gym making myself better. I'm getting stronger everyday and have no problem staying out of normal activities of people my age. Train hard, train smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment